November 7, 2011

Believe....in the magic of Christmas

It's time for the November Creative Challenge from My Favorite Things.   This month's challenge was to do a vintage styled card or project.  I don't do vintage, if you know my clean style, but I love the vintage look so   I was all over this challenge!  But before I get to my card, here's a little from MFT:

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're exploring the lush vintage style.   Please visit the MFT Blog to see exactly what we've been up to, you'll find a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

Believe in the magic of Christmas:


I started with the new gorgeous set, Inspired by Christmas.  The Santa was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a piece of patterned paper from the MME Lost and Found Christmas pad.  He was colored with Copics and was cut out with Circle Nestabilities.  He was layered on a Decorative Doily Duo (the larger of the two) cut from Scarlet Jewel cardstock.  I heavily distressed the patterned paper, curling the edges of one corner.  Each layer was machine stitched.  The Faux Crochet Border die was used on the horizontal strip of striped paper.  A vintage button tied with some linen thread and a sentiment flag finish the front.


Here is a picture of the finished inside.....



Well, that's all from me today!  I hope you're all having a great week!  Don't forget to let your loved ones know how special they are....



22 comments:

Trisha said...

What a beautiful vintage card, Jackie. You say you don't do vintage, but, guess what? You just did and it is fabulous. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful and crafty week.

Dawn Easton said...

Jackie, you pulled off the vintage VERY WELL! I don't do that style either, BUT do love the look! Fabulous card!

wendy said...

whow so pretty!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty, Jackie!! Love all that distressing!

Karen Motz said...

I love Santa dressed in green!! Stunning!

Unknown said...

For someone who doesn't do vintage, you DID! What a beautiful card Jackie and a great way to flex those creative muscles.

Gabby said...

Beautiful vintage-looking Santa card! Very nice image and coloring, as well as, nice papers and sketch! :)

Lisa H. said...

mmmmm! this is soooo pretty, Jackie! love that vintage button.

Nancy Thomas said...

I love this - Santa in green is stunning. I think you do vintage very well!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

love those distressed edges Jackie!!

Gorgeous!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Chris said...

I'd like to see what you would of come up with if you did do vintage. fabulous card!

Sherrie said...

Great job with the distressing Jackie! You did a great job with this challenge!

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie!! Love the papers and the distressed look.

Inge Groot said...

Wow Jackie this is such a beautiful vintage card! The papers, Santa, the button... they all fit so well together!!!

Melody said...

Really pretty!! Love Santa in green and all the distressing!

Anonymous said...

I teared up a little looking at this card!!! Frigin brilliant Pedro!

Kim said...

Beautiful card Jackie!

Kim said...

Beautiful card Jackie!

Michele Boyer said...

Beautifully vintage, Jackie! Love that button!

Sarah Gough said...

Completely gorgeous, I love the colouring!

Jodi Collins said...

SO beautiful my friend! LOVE this Santa and your layout, and that button, ROCK!

Lionelsa said...

Amazing card.