November 4, 2011

Define Good {TCPTues183}

Hi there!  I'm so happy it's the weekend!  Things have been a bit crazy around here!  My brother and his wife had their first baby last Saturday!  They had a little boy and named him David James.  He's adorable and has a head FULL of thick black hair!  On Sunday my Mom (who had not been feeling 100% all week) was diagnosed with Shingles.  She was so worried because she didn't feel sick but was more in pain and had held the baby on Saturday.  Needless to say, she is pretty heartbroken she can't be around the baby......and is also hoping he doesn't get the Chicken Pox from her. 

I've also been PURGING and reorganizing my craft area.  I had so much stuff that went unused and it felt good to get it outta here!  I feel like a weight has been lifted and am feeling more like creating than I had been!  So I'll shut my yapper and get to why you're actually here!


I made this card for this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge!  Lori is our Hostess with the Mostess and she challenged us to make a card using the colors Red, Marigold and Chocolate.  I cringed when I first saw the combo, but had fun while making the card! 


I used the darling set from The Cat's Pajamas, Define Good.  I bought this set before I joined The Cat Pack and sadly it had never seen ink until now!  I love the ears on this cute bunny!

He was colored with Copic markers, was fussy cut out and was popped up for dimension.  The furry part of his Santa hat was glittered up with some Martha Stewart Chunky glitter.  The sentiment was cut out with the oval die from the Cut Ups Circus Panels.  I also used the Big Scallop Cut Ups die on the bottom.  The corners were rounded with my Corner Chomper.  Some machine stitching and a Cherry Divine Twine tied button finish the card!


Head on over to Alma's blog to find out all the details about the TCP Tuesday Challenge and how you can play along to win some Cat's Cash!  We love to see your creations!


Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Define good LOL! Love it!! Will have to remember to use that line some time. Your card is adorable! Love the sparkly trim and your signature use of twine.

Your poor mom with shingles! They can be very painful from what I've heard. Usually around the tummy area! Hope she gets well soon and baby doesn't get anything. Well done on the purging too :)

Gabby said...

Congrats to your brother's family on their new addition! So sorry to hear your Mom is suffering with painful shingles. Hope she is better soon. Okay then. Your card is so darn cute! The image and coloring is wonderful. The yellows/reds/browns look great. :)

Joan V said...

Oh, this card is so cute. So much to look at with all the different patterned papers and shapes. Just love this. Thanks for sharing.

Anne Tussing said...

Absolutely ADORABLE! I love the different layers on your card and the cute image is awesome:)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a delightful card Jackie! This bunny can put a smile on anyone's face...too cute! Wonderfully done! :D

wendy said...

Whow so perfect !..and super cute too!

Dana White said...

Oh this is cute - I hope to find time this weekend to try and play along with the colour combo; you made it look good! I hope your mom is OK my poor dad still has pain once in awhile from Shingles & he had them 1.5 yrs ago.

Lisa H. said...

soooo, so cute Jackie! love those papers and the colors are FAB! congrats to your brother and his wife (hope she is feeling better soon!).

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO cute, Jackie! I love the puffy trim on the hat! Congrats on your nephew, and I hope your mom feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Love the colors together and the mix of geometric papers. I need to check out TCP I can tell, this card is CUTE!

Jodi Collins said...

ACK! This is SO awesome Jacks! Congrats to your brother and his wife! Your poor mom...I hope she is feeling better soon!!