February 16, 2013

Wishing You Happiness {SSSC178}

Hi there!  It's time, once again, for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch!  LOVED this week's sketch!  Hope you get a chance to play along.

I ended up flipping the sketch to the other side to accomodate the beautiful rose I wanted to use.  I started with a Kraft base.  I chose a piece of patterned paper from the MME Bramble Rose 6x6 pad and used a Circle STAX to cut a circle from the patterned paper.  I adhered the patterned paper to Sweet Tooth cardstock and then stamped my Flower in Primrose Petals ink.  I distressed the edges and then added some zig zag and regular stitching.  The sentiment was stamped on a Fishtail Flags STAX and was finished with a crinkled silk bow.





Here's the sketch:


Don't forget to check out the samples from the Sweet Sunday Sketch team:


And don't forget our TWO guest designers this week: Kim Lackenbach and Sandie Conner!


The supplies I used:


13 comments:

Dunja Trautmann said...

i found your blog today. Your creations are wonderful Jackie, you are a talented lady :)
This card is gorgeous

Have a lovely Sunday
Dunja x

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Jackie! I love the rustic feel. :)

Karen Giron said...

This is so pretty Jacks! I love the sewing around the circle and the bow is delicious!

Dawn Easton said...

Jackie, this is beautiful! Love that silhouette image and your zig zag stitching around the image!! Gorgeous bow too!

Karen Motz said...

This is STUNNING Jacks!!! The rose and ribbon are so pretty and feminine against the distressed edges!! LOVE!!!

Tracy said...

I literally had to pick my jaw up from the floor. Jackie this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Every inch is sheer perfection. You *have* to submit this for publication girl. Love it!

Dana White said...

Jackie that rose image is gorgeous. I love how you changed the sketch to work with this gorgeous image

Laurie said...

This is so beautiful! I love that gray ribbon!

KimCreate said...

What a beauty! I love the distressing with the woodgrain paper. The bow is divine.

Lori said...

This is gorgeous! Love the distressed edges on the woodgrain paper and the zig zag stitching around the image panel.

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous! Love the whole vintage feel with your pretty rose image!

Vicki Burdick said...

Perfection!!!

Sankari W. said...

Oh My WOW!!! Jackie this is simply stunning!! What a gorgeous breathtaking stamp - so elegant and gorgeous!!! Beautiful as always sweet friend!!! Lots of loveeeeee!!
xoxo
Sankari :)