May 13, 2013

MFT May Release Rewind!

Hi there!  It's time for the new monthly installment of Release Rewind from My Favorite Things!  Head on over to the MFT Blog for a link to each designer.

I didn't get a lot of stampy time during the May Release, so for my Release Rewind project, I couldn't wait to ink up the new Distressed Background Blocks from the Mona Pendleton Designs line.  As I *may* have mentioned in previous posts, I am trying to get away from using so much patterned paper and have turned to my background stamps to create my own paper.  Distressed Background Blocks will definitely be a "go-to" for me from here on out :)

OH, and before I show you my project, I used Kraft, Orange Fizz and White AGAIN.  I can't help it, it's such a beautiful combo in my eyes!  Haha!

My project is a card with a matching Mini Pizza Box.  Along with Distressed Background Blocks, I used Journal It - Graph Paper Notes, my favorite Western Backgrounds, a sentiment from Peaceful Wildflowers, and Blueprints 3 Die-namics.

I stamped the flowers from Blueprints 3 Die-namics in Orange Fizz ink with one of the stamps from Distressed Background Blocks. I shabbied the flower up a bit with Kraft ink and finished each flower with a Kraft button tied with Hemp Cord. The sentiment on the card was stamped on a circle from Blueprints 1 Die-namics and on a Traditional Tags STAX on the pizza box.  You can find the Mini Pizza Box tutorial HERE.


The card:



The Mini Pizza Box:


Mini Pizza Box detail shot: 


Here are the links to the products I used:

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow! Gorgeous! I love the colour combo!

Alina said...

I love the colour combination too, Jackie, and your project is beautiful!

JoAnn said...

Oh, I love your card and box. Great color combo.

Anonymous said...

Pedro honey, this is fantastic!