March 1, 2014

Thank You {SSSC209}

Hi there! It's time for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch and we have a fun sketch for you to play with this week. I hope you get a chance to play along!

I have been having such a blast with my MFT Stencils. They are really so versatile, as my card demonstrates. I dry embossed the Grapesicle layer with the Scallops Stencil and while still in the stencil, sponged some Grapesicle ink over portions of the raised pattern. I dry embossed the Steel Grey layer with the Stripes Stencil, although it's a little hard to tell in this picture. The main image was created by mixing modeling paste with Steel Grey Ink Refill and spreading it in a thin layer over the Damask Stencil. It needed a little something more, so once it was dried I added a few adhesive pearls. The sentiment is from Pretty Poppies and was stamped on a Dimensional Banner.


Detail shot:


The finished inside:


Here is this week's sketch:


Don't forget to check out the samples from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team:




Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

6 comments:

Lisa H. said...

look at you go with that stencil and modeling paste. love it Jackie!

Karen Motz said...

You're a stenciling maniac and I love each and every way you used them!

Leslie said...

Lovely and elegant! I'm in love with all the new stencils after my trip to the MFT store!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is seriously awesome! Your colors are perfect for this very trendy, elegant card.

Tracy said...

Hold the phone!?! Jackie this is freaking awesome! Girl we *have* to get together. I need you to teach me your mad crafting skillz! There aren't enough words to describe how insanely amazing this is. Love it!

Jenny said...

wow, this is a really cool effect! That modelling paste damask focal point is awesome!